“How much will it cost me…?”, that’s the big question, isn’t it. Well, how much do you think a soaring response rate, climbing profits, and the satisfaction of chalking up another successful sales promotion are worth?
Let’s consider copy for a complete Direct Mail package – a package that includes items such as a sales letter, buckslip, testimonial gate, lift note, order device, and envelope teaser.
If you were to purchase a full DM package from one of the ultimate copy masters – someone like Clayton Makepeace, Jim Reutz, or Gary Bencivenga – chances are you’d have to pay well over $20,000 in advances plus royalties as high as 10¢ per piece mailed or a respective percentage of net sales. A mighty high price that’s worth every penny. That’s why they’re the masters… it’s also why it costs so much and can take several months – sometimes even a year or more – to get a booking with them… if your project happens to be one of the lucky few they even accept.
Don’t worry though – you can still savor a great sales response without spending a fortune. In fact, an immense boost in your profits can still be had for a fair and modest investment because...
You can finally put the same successful, proven methods used by the ultimate masters to work for you for one third the cost – that’s a savings of more than 66%! And you can do it in far less time.
At this point, you may be asking “If the copy I’m going to get is supposed to be so good, why can I get it at such a great price?”
Well, for two reasons...
First, my business and compensation beliefs can be summed up in two words:
The amount you’re required to invest in any copy should be commensurate to its performance. You wouldn’t pay top dollar for a car you’ve never taken on a test drive would you? Likewise, you shouldn’t have to invest a lot of money in untried copy.
As David Ogilvy said, you’re purchasing copy for one reason and one reason only: to sell your product. And, any copy you pay for should do just that – effectively sell your product.
So, to ensure the results you get are worth your investment, I prefer to charge a minimal base fee and tie the true compensation I receive to the performance of the copy you’re investing in.
In other words, you’re not buying copy – your making an investment in results AFTER you’ve already proven them.
And second, because...
Great quality doesn't have to come at the highest price
Let me blunt - if you're looking for copy at the cheapest price you can find then you've got the wrong copywriter. My rates aren't lower than most -- in fact, they're often a bit higher than average, often falling within the top half to third of scale. And that's actually good news for you...
Why? Because if all you want is the cheapest scrabbling of words you can get your hands on then you know you've got the wrong guy and can save yourself some time by looking elsewhere.
On the other hand, if you truly understand and appreciate the phrase "You get what you pay for." then you've come to the right place. Why else would America's highest paid copywriter hire me on as part of his team...
You'll get sales copy that'll:
- Lift your sales like wildfire and launch your profits into the stratosphere...
- Enable you to reach more customers -- thereby increasing your profits even more...
- Mail more often -- increasing your profits higher still... and,
- Let you do all of this while decreasing your workload...
- And you'll be able to save as much as 66% in the process.
So you see, you'll can reap the rewards of better than average copy -- much better -- and still save as much as $15,000 to boot...
Best of all, regardless of the project type or compensation agreement, the services you receive are backed by a rock-solid guarantee.
Contact me today for any type of copywriting assignment. We’ll discuss your specific project and I’ll provide you with a prompt price quotation for the solution that best suits your needs.
Best of all - you RISK NOTHING!
You must be absolutely DELIGHTED with the sales copy you receive. I simply won't have it any other way. If you not 100% satisfied for any reason I’ll revise the copy according to your specific guidelines... at my expense.
That’s right, you’ll receive three rewrites at no charge – provided they are assigned within 30 days of your receipt of the copy and are not based on a change in the assignment after copy has been submitted. Just tell me what you want improved or what types of changes you would like to see, and I’ll make them – FAST.
The 'Fine' Print...
Okay, I'm sure you have some specific questions about things such as agreements, contracts, payment terms, and so on so here are some specific answers:
- A purchase order or letter of authorization -- such as short email acknowledgment to a letter of agreement I'll provide -- is required for all jobs.
- Any copywriting base fee(s) is payable 50 % at time of booking with the balance due 30 days upon delivery of first draft.
- The initial 50% base fee payment secures the block of time you're reserving and thereby serves as a kill fee in the event the project should be canceled.
- In other words, it provides you assurance that your block of time is secured and provides me that the block of time I've reserved for you won’t be canceled at the last moment thereby leaving me with a block of time without income -- an upset wife and hungry kids make for a very, very distraught copywriter...
- Three FREE revisions are available if needed provided they are assigned with 30 days of receipt of the copy and are not the result of changes in the assignment. NOTE: I rarely take a strict stance on this policy. I want you to be 100% ecstatic with the copy you receive and will do everything I can to work with you until you are. I too have a family to feed though -- if I feel you're abusing my desire to help you by insisting continual revisions are necessary due to reasons not directly related to the copy -- e.g. poorly planned marketing roll out... poor response due to changes to the copy that I wasn't informed of beforehand... a high number of mailings done in the guise of test mailings... etc. -- I will enforce this policy with staunch fervor.
- All fees are for copy only – graphics may be suggested or recommended but are not offered or included. My goal -- and specialty -- is WRITING great sales copy for you. I do that by pouring all my effort, passion, and time into writing. If I were to do copy and graphics it would dilute my efforts (there are only so many hours in a day...) and you'd end up with mediocre copy and mediocre graphics instead of great copy that can be further enhanced by someone else's great graphics...
- If the project is terminated a kill fee – in the amount of the advanced payment where applicable – may be applied.